The GREAT LAKES STATE provides a spectacular backdrop for some of the most scenic campgrounds in the country. But do you know which campgrounds offer the most privacy? Which are the best for first-time campers? Matt Forster has traversed the entire state - from the grassy dunes overlooking Lake Michigan to a quiet lake that serves as a portal to the Sylvania Wilderness - and compiled the most up-to-date research to steer you to the perfect spot!
Inside You'll Find:
- 50 state park and state/national forest campgrounds, organized into five distinct regions
- Selections based on location, topography, size, and overall appeal
- Detailed maps of each campground and key information such as fees, restrictions, dates of operation, and facilities
- Driving directions and GPS coordinates
- Ratings for beauty, privacy, spaciousness, quietness, security, and cleanliness
Whether you seek a quiet campground near a fish-filled stream or a family campground with all the amenities, grab Best Tent Camping: Michigan. This guide is a keeper.